Thursday, October 2, 2008

Vicinity Pics: Wicker Park/Chicago








Shadi is a local icon. He opened one of my favorite restaraunts in Chicago; the Sultans Market.I I promoted this place back in the day at the MCA and several hot spots for free, because I truly believed in the food and the ambiance. It has evolved and transformed over the years, but the falafels are still the best I've ever tasted. The price can't be beat and the salad bar is very exotic. There are always people in there. It's a hot spot for health food. What has become more impressive is the decor. It is important to me to have great art in places I acquire food. I want that positive energy to be absorbed into my sustenance. Art is a nutrient for your soul. Take a look at an original Wicker Park treasure. If it wasn't for this place, I would have starved. I am serious. No joke!

No comments: